The United States and Australia have a close relationship as international allies and partnered together to help transmit the first images of mankind on the moon in July 1969 to more than 500 million viewers around the globe. Now, the Royal Australian Mint and the United States Mint have teamed up to offer a truly once-in-a-lifetime silver bullion offering. Today, 2019 Proof Australian Lunar Landing Silver and Cupro-Nickel 2-Coin Sets are available to you online from Wallace Precious Metals with coins from both sovereign mints.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Available to ship to you inside of presentation case with a Certificate of Authenticity included as well!
- Stunning set includes an Australian legal tender coin and US legal tender coin!
- Limited mintage of only 10,000 coin sets!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver and 11.34 Grams of Cupro-Nickel.
- The separate face values include $5 (AUD) and $.50 (USD) on the respective coins.
- On the obverse of the US coin is an astronauts footprint on the moon, while the obverse of the Australian coin showcases Queen Elizabeth II and the Parkes radio telescope.
- The reverse of the US coin features the image of a photo taken by Buzz Aldrin on the moon and the reverse of the Australian coin depicts an astronaut on the lunar surface with a colorized design of Earth in the background.
The Royal Australian Mint and United States Mint offer these 2-coin sets with the signatures of both the CEO of the Royal Australian Mint and Director of the United States Mint as validation of the production of each coin in the respective nation. The Australian coin is a pure silver version of its 50th Anniversary Lunar Landing Design with a colorized depiction of Earth, while the US coin comes from its own 50th Anniversary Apollo 11 collection and is a standard cupro-nickel mix.
All 2019 Proof Australian Lunar Landing Silver and Cupro-Nickel 2-Coin Sets are available with the coins individually encapsulated and housed together inside of a beautiful presentation case. The coin set comes with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity as well.
On the obverse of the Cupro-Nickel US coin is an astronaut footprint on the moon with inscriptions of Mercury, Gemini, Apollo featured above. The reverse of the US coin has a depiction of the famous photo taken by Buzz Aldrin on the moon that captured in his own visor the reflection of Neil Armstrong and the Eagle lunar lander on the lunar surface.
The obverse of the Australian coins includes Queen Elizabeth IIs effigy as designed in 1998 by Ian Rank-Broadley, along with the Parkes radio telescope that Australian technicians used to collect and transmit the TV broadcast from the moon to various points around the globe. The reverse of the Australian coins includes an image of an astronaut on the moon as the beautiful colors of Earth are on display in the background.
Please dont hesitate to ask questions of Wallace Precious Metals when buying silver. You can call us at 212-391-2211, chat with us live online, or simply email us.
|Mint Mark||Not Shown|
|Manufacturer||Royal Australian Mint|
|Face Value||$5 AUD|
|Series||Apollo 11 50th Anniversary|
|Capsule Size||39 mm|
|Packaging Type||Presentation Packaging|
|Weight||1 Troy Ounce|
|Shipping||Free Shipping on Orders Over $99|