NASAs crowning achievement of the 20th century was the Apollo 11 mission. This mission sent a three-man crew into orbit around the Moon and landed two of those crewmembers on the surface of the moon. Not only did they land them on the Moon, they successfully returned the entire crew to the surface of Earth. Today, 2019 $5 Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold Coins are available to you online from Wallace Precious Metals.
- Available to you inside of protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS!
- Honors the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11!
- Limited availability of certified coins within the original 50,000-coin mintage!
- Contains .2687 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- The face value of $5 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Includes a First Strike label.
- The obverse side is concave and includes a human footprint on the Moon.
- On the reverse, convex side, is a depiction of a photo reflected in Aldrins visor.
The Apollo 11 mission lifted off from Merritt Island, Florida, at Kennedy Space Center on July 16, 1969. After four days, the modules approached the Moon and entered an orbit that allowed the Eagle lunar lander to separate and land on the surface of the moon with Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong inside. The mission lasted eight days and included 21.5 hours of time spent on the Moons surface.
All 2019 $5 Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold Coins in this product listing come to you with a perfect certification from the PCGS. Coins listed here are PR70 specimens that have full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind. The included First Strike label means the coins were received by the PCGS within 30 days of their release by the US Mint.
On the obverse side of 2019 Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold Coins is the image of an astronaut footprint. This is like one of the many left behind on the Moon by Aldrin and Armstrong during their moonwalk. The sunken, concave surface beautifully holds the footprint design.
The reverse of 2019 $5 Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold Coins includes a convex surface that presents the photograph reflection in Aldrins visor one a domed surface. This makes it the perfect format for recreating the photograph Aldrin took that captures the Eagle lunar lander, American flag, and Neil Armstrong.
Please dont hesitate to reach out to Wallace Precious Metals if you have any questions about gold for sale. You can call us on the phone at 212-391-2211, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.